Get your kids happy and healthy this spring with these tips
Now that the cool weather is finally taking a hiatus, it’s time to start planning for more time outdoors and rising temperatures. Provide memories and experiences to help your kids enjoy the spring weather and stay healthy this spring with our fun ideas.
- Get them involved in a springtime sport. Soccer, bicycling, baseball, and softball are all fun ways for your child to spend time outdoors and make friendships. Getting active produces a boost in serotonin levels and also helps kids stay healthy.
- Encourage them to read for pleasure. Take them to the public library or your local bookstore to pick out books on topics they love. Find books for yourself too and spend some time reading together. Modelling as a good example and talking about what you appreciate in a book will help your child form their own connections.
- Make a refreshing springtime lemonade together. Making lemonade from scratch is a fun activity with kids. For an alternative that creates colorful results, have a pitcher of lemonade ready on the counter. Add glasses and small dishes of fresh cut strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries out for kids to spoon into their lemonade. Making these personalized drinks will help encourage kids to get hydrated after a day playing outside. This is a fun activity for the whole family at under $10.
- Involve your child in gardening. Create a love of nature and spend time together outside while you add color to your front yard. Pick out some flowers together at a gardening supply store or use vegetable starts to make your own garden together. You can find out all about home gardening with kids online. This is a great way to connect the food they eat to their local environment. Standing back and surveying that first planting together is a moving experience. Seeing the fruits of your labor as flowers blossom and lettuces grow to be eaten will be even more fulfilling.
- Keep the home comfy. Kids are vulnerable to mood shifts and allergy symptoms when they spend a lot of time outdoors. Make sure indoor air quality is high by changing filters each month and getting a seasonal tune up on your AC. If it’s been more than 10 years since you bought a new AC or you’ve got repair issues, consider a new model and get AC installation in Mattoon, IL. Keep the house cool so that kids can refresh from coming indoors.
We hope you and your family create some special memories this spring with some of these fun ideas. Keeping our kids active, healthy, and having fun means a healthy and happy lifestyle for the whole family. If you need help on the air conditioning end, Paradise Heating & Air Conditioning is your team. If you’re ready for AC installation in Mattoon, IL, give us a call today at 217-234-9361.